Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Fri January 4, 2013
North Country Events
Events compiled by Tova Cohen of Franconia.
The newsletter typically announces events in the next week. The calendar shows you events in the coming months.
METROPOLITAN OPERA LIVE IN HD, ST. JOHNSBURY
Sat. Jan. 5, Les Troyens, 12:00 pm live presentation on both screens, Jan. 12, 12:00 pm, encore on one screen, both presentations are exactly the same. Tickets $23, Catamount Arts members $21, students $10, purchase online at catamountix.com. Performances are at Catamount Arts, 115 Eastern Avenue, St. Johnsbury, VT. For more information: 802 748 2600 or www.catamountarts.org
RED HAT SOCIETY GATHERING, WHITEFIELD
Sunday Jan. 6, 2-4 pm, Open invitation, first Sunday of every month, tea, games, camaraderie. For more information call 837-8778.
SWINGING EPIPHANY CELEBRATION, ST. JOHNSBURY
January 6, 6:00 p.m. community-wide pot-luck dinner in the South Church Fellowship Hall, 7PM, Swing North Big Band. South Congregational Church, 1052 Main Street, St. Johnsbury, Vermont. For more information: www.stjjazz.org
ART MAKERS AND ARTS LOVERS, ARTS ALLIANCE ANNUAL MEETING, FRANCONIA
Tuesday, January 15, Franconia Town Hall, 421 Main Street, Franconia. All are invited to BYOP (Bring Your Own Poetry, Painting, Performance, Presentation, Potluck....). Pre-registration is requested, especially for those interested in performing or bringing artwork. Call 323-7302 or 823-5747 (or email email@example.com) to let us know what you'd like to present or exhibit. There is no admission charge. Donations to Arts Alliance 2013 school programming will be gratefully accepted.
NORTH COUNTRY CHORUS 32ND ANNUAL MADRIGAL DINNER, MONROE
Advance ticket purchase is required. The North Country Chorus presents The Queen's Gift on Friday Jan. 18 6:30 pm, Sat. Jan. 19 6:30 p.m., & Sunday Jan. 20 4:30 p.m., Monroe Town Hall, $25 per person, for information about ordering tickets go to http://www.northcountrychorus.org/madrigal2013.html. For more information, call Marcia Bridge 802-584-4194.
See the calendar for details about these weekly events:
- Storytime at Lincoln Library on Fridays at 11 a.m.
- Neskaya in Franconia offers Circle Dancing Sundays 3PM, Tai Chi Mondays 6PM and Nia Tuesdays 6PM & Fridays 5:30 PM.
- Meditation for Relaxation at Thyme to Learn Wellness on Wednesdays noon - 1PM and 6:15PM-7:30PM.
- Yoga at Littleton Senior Center Wednesdays 3-4PM.
- Yoga in the Gallery at WREN Mondays and Wednesdays 4:30-5:40PM and 5:50-7PM.
- Taiji for Health at Harmony Franconia Community Church Thursdays 5PM.
- Dinner Bell community meal at All Saints' Episcopal Church, Littleton, Tuesdays, 5PM.
AMC Highland Center offers almost daily hikes, movies, and nature talks.