Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Wed May 8, 2013
NRA Spends $25K On TV Ad Backing Sen. Ayotte
The National Rifle Association is praising New Hampshire Senator Kelly Ayotte in a TV ad set to begin airing this week.
It’s the latest in a series of ads hitting airwaves in the Granite State either attacking or supporting her.
The NRA says it spent $25,000 s on the ad, which will air for at least the next week on WMUR.
“Ayotte voted for more resources to prosecute criminals who use guns. Kelly Ayotte stands with prosecutors and police for New Hampshire values," the ad says.
This comes after Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a group backed by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, announced earlier this week it would be airing ads critical of Ayotte.
The group’s ads started airing Monday in New Hampshire and Boston TV markets, and attack her vote against expanding background checks.
"No to police, no to fighting crime, no to background checks for criminals. That’s not New Hampshire common sense, that’s gone Washington," the ad says.
In an op-ed this week, Ayotte defended her position, saying the Manchin-Toomey amendment expanded a flawed system.