Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Thu March 20, 2014
Obama Says Shaheen Should Stay And Brown Should Run From Texas
When he served in the U.S. Senate, Scott Brown often voted with President Obama.
In 2011, Congressional Quarterly found Brown voted in support of the president’s agenda 70 percent of the time -- second only to Susan Collins of Maine among Republicans. But when asked on New England Cable News about Brown’s possible run here, the President made clear he prefers the incumbent.
“Jeanne Shaheen has been a terrific senator, just like she was a great governor. But if Scott Brown wants to move down to Texas, then we could always use some moderate Republicans in other parts of the country. New Hampshire has already got it covered with a great senator."
Sen. Shaheen’s fealty to the president is something Scott Brown hopes to exploit. Numbers released by Congressional Quarterly released last month, found Shaheen voted in support of the President’s policies 99 percent of the time in 2013. In a statement, Brown described Shaheen and the President as “joined at the hip,” and invited Shaheen to bring the President to New Hampshire to defend “their health law.”