Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- The Polish Princess: Baking Bread And Helping The Economy One Job At a Time
Thu January 30, 2014
Oh Toronto! New Accusation For Mayor And New Charge For Bieber
Originally published on Thu January 30, 2014 10:18 am
Before we start this post, we'll point to one from earlier this week:
News outlets in Canada's biggest city have two tabloid-type tales to talk about Thursday:
-- "To keep secret his habit of doing drugs and hanging out with gang members, Mayor Rob Ford conspired to silence a former family friend with threats and a brutal jailhouse beating, according to unproven allegations contained in a $3.6-million lawsuit the former friend has filed in court." (The Toronto Star)
The mayor's lawyer says the charge is "without factual foundation."
-- "Embattled Canadian pop star Justin Bieber walked into a Toronto police station Wednesday evening ... [to] face a charge in connection with an alleged assault involving a limousine driver in late December." (The CBC)
According to the CBC, "after he was officially charged, Bieber slipped out another door at the station and into a second SUV, different from the one he arrived in. His next court appearance is March 10 at Toronto's Old City Hall courthouse."
The assault charge against Bieber follows his arrest last week in Miami on charges of driving under the influence, driving without a valid license and resisting arrest after what police allege was a "wild, drug-fueled drag race."