Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Sat July 19, 2014
Old Home Day Season Underway In New Hampshire
Towns across the Granite State will be celebrating Old Home Day in the coming weeks.
Residents lined Main Street in Pittsfield on Saturday for the town’s annual Old Home Day parade.
Longtime Pittsfield resident Tammy Colby says the day is a chance for community members both past and present to come together.
“People who have moved away or kids who have grown up come back to Old Home Day. They remember things from when they were little or they’re visiting grandma and grandpa. It’s just a nice way to get everybody together again.”
The towns of Swanzey and Unity also held festivities on Saturday.
Enfield will hold its Old Home Day events over a three-day period next weekend.
And nearly 40 New Hampshire towns plan to hold their celebrations next month.