The Organic Debate
Supermarkets are carrying more organic products than ever before, and many more are farming organically as well. But critics say organic has no more nutritional value, and that we need to think beyond organic to really address the global food crisis. We’ll hear from both sides of the debate.
- James McWilliams, associate professor of history at Texas State University and author of Just Food: Where Locavores Get It Wrong and How We Can Truly Eat Responsibly
- Eliot Coleman, longtime advocate for organic farming, author of numerous books including The New Organic Grower, and co-owner of Four Season Farm in Harborside, Maine
We'll also hear from
- Larry Pletcher, owner of the Vegetable Ranch, a certified organic producer in Warner
- Rich Houston, a dairy farmer who, along with his family, owns the Pine Lane Farm in Hopkinton
- Michael Norton, director of Communications for Hannaford’s Supermarkets