Most Active Stories
- 'Archer' And The Loud Comfort Of Rhythm
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
- Beleaguered Rehab Company Quietly Sells Most Of Its N.H. Programs
- Push For O'Brien As Majority Leader Rejected; O'Brien To Form Alternative GOP Leadership Team
Fri August 15, 2014
Panama Canal Turns 100
The Panama Canal opened 100 years ago today. As it celebrates its centennial, the canal is also undergoing an expansion. And it faces potential competition from a planned expansion of the Suez Canal in Egypt, and plans to construct a canal in Nicaragua.
Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson speaks with Bill Faries of Bloomberg News about the work being done on the canal and what we can expect from all this construction.