Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Word of Mouth
Tue January 8, 2013
The Piltdown Man Caper (and Five Other Archeological Hoaxes)
It has been a century since one of the most publicized scientific hoaxes was presented to the world, and only sixty years since the find was exposed as a fraud. Here to talk about the centennial anniversary of the discovery of Piltdown Man is Robert Goodby. He’s an archeologist and Associate Professor at Franklin Pierce University.
Piltdown Man isn’t the only example of con artists taking on this captivatingly unique (yet seemingly challenging) form of fraudulence and deception. Check out this hilarious list of “Five Archeological Frauds (That Fooled the World)” courtesy of Cracked.