Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Mon August 26, 2013
In Plain Language: A Glossary Of Terms For End-Of-Life Planning
The terms used in advance directive forms can be tough to understand and have the possibility for misinterpretation, given that their specific legal definitions can sometimes clash with common usage. Understanding the terms on the forms is vital to creating an advance directive that is properly representative of one's wishes.
As part of his series looking at the issues and changes around advance directives in New Hampshire, NHPR's health reporter Todd Bookman explains the following terms as they relate to end-of-life planning: