Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
Wed August 28, 2013
Portsmouth Marches To African American Burial Ground
The Portsmouth Black Heritage Trail celebrated the fiftieth anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s March on Washington on Wednesday. As church bells rang out across Portsmouth and the nation, a parade made its way to the city's African Burial Ground. The Leftist Marching Band and singer Sharon Jones serenaded a small crowd, followed by a recitation of MLK's famous speech by Kelvin Edwards, and words from Exeter Academy's Reverend Robert Thompson.
Hear the audio postcard: