Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Sun January 20, 2013
Pro-Gun Rally In Concord Attracts Large Crowd
More than 300 people attended a pro-gun rally held at the New Hampshire Statehouse Saturday.
Hundreds of second amendment advocates came to the event holding signs that said things like “Gun Bans Don’t Disarm Criminals” and “Keep New Hampshire Free.” Several New Hampshire lawmakers and citizens spoke at the event.
“This is the straw that broke the camel’s back!” said Republican Representative Joe Duarte of Candia. “The second amendment should not be touched.”
Republican Representative Al Baldasaro of Londonderry led the rally. He called for people to again converge on the statehouse Tuesday as lawmakers consider repealing the so-called Stand Your Ground law.
The rally was a part of a nationwide protest called Guns Across America, which was organized in the wake of the President’s recent executive actions and call for stricter gun control legislation.