Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Arts & Culture
Wed January 15, 2014
Rare Beethoven Manuscript Goes Up For Auction In N.H.
If you’d like to hold a piece of Beethoven’s musical history, you’ll need to act fast.
RR Auction in Amherst, New Hampshire, which specializes in rare autographs, closes bidding Wednesday evening on a manuscript dating back to 1820. The single page contains ink and pencil marks made by Beethoven as he composed one his last major works, the rarely-performed religious piece Missa Solemnis.
It’s garnering attention from around the globe, with bidding is already approaching $400,000.
Watch a complete performance of Beethoven's Missa Solemnis performed in 2011 at London's Royal Albert Hall under the direction of Sir Colin Davis.
Word of Mouth