Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Arts & Culture
Wed January 15, 2014
Rare Beethoven Manuscript Goes Up For Auction In N.H.
If you’d like to hold a piece of Beethoven’s musical history, you’ll need to act fast.
RR Auction in Amherst, New Hampshire, which specializes in rare autographs, closes bidding Wednesday evening on a manuscript dating back to 1820. The single page contains ink and pencil marks made by Beethoven as he composed one his last major works, the rarely-performed religious piece Missa Solemnis.
It’s garnering attention from around the globe, with bidding is already approaching $400,000.
Watch a complete performance of Beethoven's Missa Solemnis performed in 2011 at London's Royal Albert Hall under the direction of Sir Colin Davis.
Word of Mouth