Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- Spring Skiing In Tuckerman Is Best It's Been In Decades
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Wed January 23, 2013
Resurrecting The Railroad Debate in the Granite State
New Hampshire is looking at whether to accept federal funds to once again study whether passenger and freight trains make sense for the state. But many of the same concerns are coming up again: that New Hampshire doesn’t have enough people who would ride the rails to justify the enormous cost. We'll revisit this debate.
- Peter Griffin – President of NH Railroad Revitalization Association
- Chris Sununu – Republican from Newfields, Executive Councilor, voted to oppose funding for the study
We'll also hear from
- Chris Williams – President & CEO of the Greater Nashua Chamber of Commerce, in favor of the plan
- Representative John Hikel - Republican from Goffstown and Vice Chair of the House Transportation Committee.