Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth
Thu July 12, 2012
Rubblebucket Makes Noise
This Green River Festival in Greenfield Massachusetts has a packed line-up this weekend with a celebration of Woody Guthrie’s 100th birthday, Los Lobos, the Rebirth Brass Band and a few Word of Mouth veterans, including the Winterpills, Chris Smither, and the eclectic Brooklyn ensemble, Rubblebucket. In September, six of Rubblebucket’s eight members stopped by to play live at NHPR’s studios. The band doesn’t fall easily into a genre, but identifies with the odd and ambiguous musical movement called “S-Wave”. The band has had a wildly successful run since, with a new release called Live in Chicago. The CD and DVD combo showcases Rubblebucket’s energetic on-stage antics, costumes and visual effects. You can see the band for yourself on the main stage of the Green River Festival this Sunday.