Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Wed December 21, 2011
The Ruckus over Redistricting
Every ten years, with new census data, states need to re-draw their political lines and it’s never pretty. This year is no exception, with competing partisan maps and legislative approval on a final plan due in January. We’ll see where the new lines may land and how that could affect New Hampshire voters this fall.
- Paul Mirski - Republican State Representative from Enfield and Chairman of the Special Committee on Redistricting.
- Paul Twomey - An attorney who has worked on an alternative redistricting plan supported by many Democratic lawmakers.
We'll also hear from
- Grant Bosse - Lead investigator for the Josiah Bartlett Center for Public Policy and Editor of the Center's New Hampshire Watchdog.org.
- David Pierce - Democratic State Representative from Etna and a member of the Special Committee on Redistricting.
Redistricting plan presented by attorney Paul Twomey and America Votes, an organization that promotes progressive policies and works on voting and election issues: