Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Wed December 21, 2011
The Ruckus over Redistricting
Every ten years, with new census data, states need to re-draw their political lines and it’s never pretty. This year is no exception, with competing partisan maps and legislative approval on a final plan due in January. We’ll see where the new lines may land and how that could affect New Hampshire voters this fall.
- Paul Mirski - Republican State Representative from Enfield and Chairman of the Special Committee on Redistricting.
- Paul Twomey - An attorney who has worked on an alternative redistricting plan supported by many Democratic lawmakers.
We'll also hear from
- Grant Bosse - Lead investigator for the Josiah Bartlett Center for Public Policy and Editor of the Center's New Hampshire Watchdog.org.
- David Pierce - Democratic State Representative from Etna and a member of the Special Committee on Redistricting.
Redistricting plan presented by attorney Paul Twomey and America Votes, an organization that promotes progressive policies and works on voting and election issues: