Most Active Stories
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- ACA Open Enrollment Is Here...5 Tips For Shopping Your New Options
- NPR's Clock Changes: Morning Edition's New Sound Means More New Hampshire News
- Keene Residents Discuss Riots, Weigh Future Of Pumpkin Festival
Arts & Culture
Fri January 25, 2013
Running Through Time On The Sandwich Notch Rd.
There aren’t many roads that have books written about them, but we have one in New Hampshire. In 1973, writer Elizabeth Yates published “The Road Through Sandwich Notch”, which more than anything else helped secure the road’s preservation status as a part of the White Mountain National Forest. Sean Hurley has been running down and learning about the road for some time now and sends this reflection.