Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Arts & Culture
Fri January 25, 2013
Running Through Time On The Sandwich Notch Rd.
There aren’t many roads that have books written about them, but we have one in New Hampshire. In 1973, writer Elizabeth Yates published “The Road Through Sandwich Notch”, which more than anything else helped secure the road’s preservation status as a part of the White Mountain National Forest. Sean Hurley has been running down and learning about the road for some time now and sends this reflection.