Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth - Segment
Tue February 7, 2012
From Russia with Facebook
Produced by Jessica Golloher
This past weekend thousands of Russians took to the streets and blogosphere to protest the results of the March presidential election. The prospect of the ‘United Russia Party’ and its candidate prime minister Vladimir Putin leading the country once again, has many Russians taking their frustration out on the internet. The postings and bloggings have led to the largest demonstrations since the collapse of the Soviet Union; and, as Jessica Golloher reports, the creation of a unique voice that’s helping to represent the movement.