Most Active Stories
- Nor'Easter Leaves Thousands Of Granite Staters Without Power, Likely For Days
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
Word of Mouth
Tue January 8, 2013
Safeguarding Liberty: Beyond the Second Amendment
Today, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and her husband launched a political action committee with a goal of countering the influence of the gun lobby. the new PAC leverages public calls for stricter gun controls following the Sandy Hook shooting last month.
Conor Friedersdorf is a staff writer with The Atlantic, where he recently wrote an opinion piece called “The Strangest Conservative Priority: Prepping a ‘2nd Amendment Solution’. Friedersdorf writes that those bent on protecting the 2nd Amendment have often ignored or condoned governmental breaches of other important safeguards against tyranny.