Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Word of Mouth
Tue January 8, 2013
Safeguarding Liberty: Beyond the Second Amendment
Today, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and her husband launched a political action committee with a goal of countering the influence of the gun lobby. the new PAC leverages public calls for stricter gun controls following the Sandy Hook shooting last month.
Conor Friedersdorf is a staff writer with The Atlantic, where he recently wrote an opinion piece called “The Strangest Conservative Priority: Prepping a ‘2nd Amendment Solution’. Friedersdorf writes that those bent on protecting the 2nd Amendment have often ignored or condoned governmental breaches of other important safeguards against tyranny.