Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- Spring Skiing In Tuckerman Is Best It's Been In Decades
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Wed January 11, 2012
A Second Place Win for Paul
Texas congressman Ron Paul’s second place finish put his supporters into celebration mode last night.
Coming in second typically feels like a disappointment. Not for Heather Mellem of Manchester.
“Romney might win this election, but Ron Paul is first in ideas. And he’s taken his cause to a level I’ve never expected he could take it to. Amazing,” she said.
With about 23 percent of the vote, Paul did three times better than four years ago. His supporters said this performance ensures that more people will hear his message that government’s first duty is to protect individual liberty. Paul’s backers say, as the word spreads, the number of Ron Paul voters will grow.