Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Wed September 11, 2013
Sen. Ayotte Can't Support Syria Strike, Calls President's Strategy 'Incoherent'
Calling President Obama’s strategy "incoherent and inconsistent," Senator Kelly Ayotte says she cannot support committing U.S. military force in Syria.
Ayotte says after reflecting on the president’s speech and the briefings on Syria she has attended, she doesn’t see a plan that would achieve definable military goals.
Meanwhile, Senator Jeanne Shaheen calls Syria’s reported use of chemical weapons a threat to national security.
She remains hopeful a diplomatic solution can be reached.