Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Fri October 18, 2013
Sen. Ayotte Lifts Hold On Air Force Nominee
Sen. Kelly Ayotte has ended her hold on President Barack Obama's nominee for Air Force secretary, clearing the way for Senate confirmation of Deborah Lee James.
The New Hampshire Republican had blocked the nominee last month until she got answers about the fate of the military's A-10 attack aircraft.
Ayotte's office said in a statement Thursday that she had received responses from the Air Force to her 32 follow-up questions. She said she supported James' nomination and looked forward to working with her after her confirmation.
Ayotte indicated that she was still concerned about ensuring that the military provide close air support to ground forces, especially until the next generation F-35 is operational.