Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Fri October 18, 2013
Sen. Ayotte Lifts Hold On Air Force Nominee
Sen. Kelly Ayotte has ended her hold on President Barack Obama's nominee for Air Force secretary, clearing the way for Senate confirmation of Deborah Lee James.
The New Hampshire Republican had blocked the nominee last month until she got answers about the fate of the military's A-10 attack aircraft.
Ayotte's office said in a statement Thursday that she had received responses from the Air Force to her 32 follow-up questions. She said she supported James' nomination and looked forward to working with her after her confirmation.
Ayotte indicated that she was still concerned about ensuring that the military provide close air support to ground forces, especially until the next generation F-35 is operational.