Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Far North County To Get More Cell Coverage, High-speed Internet
Mon May 12, 2014
Sen. Rausch Not Seeking Re-Election
State Senator Jim Rausch announced this morning he will not seek re-election.
The Derry Republican was first elected to the Senate in 2010, serving as chairman of the transportation committee during both his terms.
Before that, Rausch served five terms in the House of Representatives.
Most recently, Rausch’s proposal for a 4.2 cent increase to the state’s gas tax passed both the House and Senate.
It’s now before Governor Maggie Hassan, and, if signed into law, will take effect July 1.