Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Mon May 12, 2014
Sen. Rausch Not Seeking Re-Election
State Senator Jim Rausch announced this morning he will not seek re-election.
The Derry Republican was first elected to the Senate in 2010, serving as chairman of the transportation committee during both his terms.
Before that, Rausch served five terms in the House of Representatives.
Most recently, Rausch’s proposal for a 4.2 cent increase to the state’s gas tax passed both the House and Senate.
It’s now before Governor Maggie Hassan, and, if signed into law, will take effect July 1.