Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Fri September 13, 2013
Severe Storm Produces Dangerous Lightning
The strong storms that moved through New Hampshire sent lightning strikes that sparked some fires and possibly injured some people.
The Telegraph of Nashua reports Londonderry crews were called to Comcast on Thursday after the building was struck by lightning. An employee complained of feeling light-headed and tingling sensations consistent with electrical shock. He was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Kristi Arford of Derry said had gone outside to bring her dog in from the storm, heard a loud boom, saw a bright white light and felt an electric shock as she grabbed her metal door. She was knocked to the ground.
Lightning is believed to have started a fire at a condominium garage in Bedford and at a Windham home. Four firefighters were treated in Windham for heat exhaustion.