Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Tue July 2, 2013
Shaheen Backs President Obama's Attempts To Extradite Snowden
New Hampshire Senator Jeanne Shahean says NSA leaker Edward Snowden ought to return to the United States. At a tourism event Tuesday morning in Portsmouth, she said she backs Obama’s efforts to extradite Snowden so he can be tried in court: I think Edward Snowden has released critical information in a way that has violated the law, he needs to come back to the US, explain his situation, appear before a court of law, and see the outcome of that kind of a trial. Shaheen says she approves of actions in Washington that prevent him from receiving asylum from other nations. Snowden is believed to have been in the Moscow Airport since June 23rd, having hit hurdles in his bid for asylum with foreign nations.