Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Fri June 27, 2014
Shaheen Fires Back At Critics Over Stock Allegations
U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen fired back at critics Friday, a day after her campaign said she would update her financial disclosure form to reflect that she and her husband no longer hold stock options in a California firm that received federal stimulus funding.
Shaheen says her husband, William, is no longer affiliated with Ultrawave Labs, a company developing technology to better detect breast cancer.
“I think it’s disappointing that my Republican opponents...The only thing they can find to attack me on is breast cancer research."
Shaheen’s husband was named an advisor to the company in 2009.
The original form said his stock options expired in 2019, but a campaign spokesman said yesterday they expired on or before December 31 of last year.
The state Republican Party says the error raises questions about a potential conflict of interest.