Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed December 12, 2012
Shaheen Lands Spot On Senate Appropriations Committee
Senator Jeanne Shaheen has been named to the Senate Appropriations Committee.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid appointed Shaheen to the powerful committee Wednesday. Former Senator Judd Gregg served on the Appropriations Committee from 1995 through 2010.
In a statement, Shaheen says, "it’s important to have a New Hampshire seat at the table to make sure spending decisions are made wisely and in the interests of Granite State taxpayers." The Appropriations Committee is responsible for allocating discretionary funding for all federal programs.
Shaheen will also remain on the Senate Armed Services Committee and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, but will give up her seat on the Energy and Natural Resources Committee.
The full Senate must still approve Shaheen’s appointment when it convenes in early January.