Most Active Stories
- Nor'Easter Leaves Thousands Of Granite Staters Without Power, Likely For Days
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- Hassan: Granite Staters Should Prepare For 'Days-Long' Outages
Tue February 11, 2014
Slideshow: Skiing In N.H. In The 1930s
While looking for a photo to illustrate a Word of Mouth story on the history of skiing in N.H., I happened upon this gem on Flickr. The photo is of photographer Pam Brooks Crowley's father and his cross country teammates taken in Lisbon, New Hampshire in 1936.
Pam's photo wasn't available for open use on Creative Commons, so I contacted her for permission to publish it. She graciously said yes, and sent me a few more of her dad's vintage ski photos, and even a scan of an old lift ticket. (Check out the gallery above.)
Do you have vintage winter sports photos taken in New Hampshire that you'd like to share? Email them to me, and we'll share them here or on our Facebook page! Just make sure to include your name, where the photo was taken, what it depicts (if you know), and, if possible, who took the original image.
Word of Mouth