Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Mon May 6, 2013
In her new book, journalist Lisa Prevost examines the long history of policies she says have led to a lack of affordable housing in many New England towns. Prevost argues this “snob zoning” harms not only those who might need a reasonably-priced place to live, but also the very communities that fight against these developments as well.
Lisa Prevost - freelance journalist specializing in housing and real estate and author of Snob Zones: Fear Prejudice, and Real Estate