Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Tue October 28, 2008
Socrates Exchange: What is the Relationship between Money, Happiness, and a Good Life?
In our next installment of The Socrates Exchange we're asking the question: “What is the relationship between money, happiness, and a good life?” Our culture may often tell us the personal wealth equals success, but most of us are suspicious of this. What really is the relationship between money, happiness, and a good life? If money isn't essential for happiness, why are we concerned with poverty? Is money, as some say, the root of all evil?
- Nick Smith, Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of New Hampshire, Advisor to the Socratic Society at UNH and Project Advisor to the Socrates Exchange
We'll also hear from:
- Father Jerome Day, a Benedictine Priest, professor of English at St. Anselm College and pastor of St. Raphael the Archangel Parish in Manchester
- Sue Macoo, of Capital Craftsman and Romance Jewelers in Concord
- Kirke Olsen, psychologist and owner of The Positivity Company