Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Tue October 28, 2008
Socrates Exchange: What is the Relationship between Money, Happiness, and a Good Life?
In our next installment of The Socrates Exchange we're asking the question: “What is the relationship between money, happiness, and a good life?” Our culture may often tell us the personal wealth equals success, but most of us are suspicious of this. What really is the relationship between money, happiness, and a good life? If money isn't essential for happiness, why are we concerned with poverty? Is money, as some say, the root of all evil?
- Nick Smith, Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of New Hampshire, Advisor to the Socratic Society at UNH and Project Advisor to the Socrates Exchange
We'll also hear from:
- Father Jerome Day, a Benedictine Priest, professor of English at St. Anselm College and pastor of St. Raphael the Archangel Parish in Manchester
- Sue Macoo, of Capital Craftsman and Romance Jewelers in Concord
- Kirke Olsen, psychologist and owner of The Positivity Company