Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon June 17, 2013
Somersworth Man Charged In Death Of 2-Year-Old Boy
A Somersworth man is scheduled to be arraigned this morning, charged with causing the death of a 2-year-old.
Police have charged 30-year-old Jared Pope with manslaughter.
Somersworth police responded to a 911 call at a High Street apartment Friday evening and found 2-year-old Noah York in distress.
He was transported to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover, where he was later pronounced dead.
An autopsy completed Saturday determined the cause of death was smothering and the manner of death was homicide.
Pope was arrested and charged with causing the child’s death.
He will be arraigned in Dover district court on Monday.