Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Mon June 17, 2013
Somersworth Man Charged In Death Of 2-Year-Old Boy
A Somersworth man is scheduled to be arraigned this morning, charged with causing the death of a 2-year-old.
Police have charged 30-year-old Jared Pope with manslaughter.
Somersworth police responded to a 911 call at a High Street apartment Friday evening and found 2-year-old Noah York in distress.
He was transported to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover, where he was later pronounced dead.
An autopsy completed Saturday determined the cause of death was smothering and the manner of death was homicide.
Pope was arrested and charged with causing the child’s death.
He will be arraigned in Dover district court on Monday.