Most Active Stories
- Nor'Easter Leaves Thousands Of Granite Staters Without Power, Likely For Days
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
Wed February 13, 2013
Stand Your Ground Equals More Gun Deaths?
In 2011, New Hampshire lawmakers passed the so-called Stand Your Ground Law. The state has seen controversy over the law, with some calling for its repeal. Many states have had similar laws on the books for years now, and we talked with Associate Professor Mark Hoekstra of Texas A&M University about research on trends in those states. I started by asking him what the research specifically looked at.
A Loaded Issue