Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Wed February 13, 2013
Stand Your Ground Equals More Gun Deaths?
In 2011, New Hampshire lawmakers passed the so-called Stand Your Ground Law. The state has seen controversy over the law, with some calling for its repeal. Many states have had similar laws on the books for years now, and we talked with Associate Professor Mark Hoekstra of Texas A&M University about research on trends in those states. I started by asking him what the research specifically looked at.
A Loaded Issue