Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Wed January 8, 2014
State Of Homelessness In N.H., 2013
A new report paints a complex picture, including that the number of un-sheltered homeless has jumped by twenty percent over the past year. We’ll look once again at this stubborn problem and ongoing efforts to address it.
- Eileen Brady – social worker and advocate who works directly with the homeless at the Nashua Soup Kitchen and Shelter
- Lenny Constant – was recently homeless and is now an advocate for the homeless in the Granite Leaders program. He is currently enrolled in Mount Washington College.
- Sharon Drake – CEO of Serenity Place, a substance abuse, rehabilitation, and education center in Manchester
- Cathy Kuhn – director of the New Hampshire Coalition to End Homelessness and director of research and training at Families in Transition, a homeless service provider.
You can find the report from the New Hampshire Coalition to End Homelessness here.