Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Tue February 4, 2014
State of the State Speech Postponed To Thursday
With a winter storm looming, Governor Maggie Hassan has postponed her State of the State address until Thursday afternoon.
Hassan was scheduled to deliver her speech Wednesday morning, during the full House session.
The speech will now begin at 2 p.m. the following day, along with the House session.
According to the Associated Press, the storm is expected to start just before sunrise on Wednesday.
The heaviest snow is expected to fall through midday Wednesday, with 6 to 10 inches expected in the southern part of the state.
Senate President Chuck Morse says Senate committee hearing scheduled for Wednesday morning will proceed.
He says the full Senate session scheduled for Thursday morning will also move forward as planned, prior to Gov. Hassan’s address.