Most Active Stories
- Police In Riot Gear Clash With Crowd In Keene, Several Injuries Reported
- Pop-Up Party Company Under Scrutiny For Role In Keene Riots
- Is Party Company 'FinnaRage' To Blame For Keene Riots?
- Keene Police Release Riot Photos, Ask Public To Help ID Suspects
- Keene State Students Clean Up After Mayhem Near Pumpkin Fest
Fri February 28, 2014
State Treasurer To Take Post At USNH
Cathy Provencher has been the State Treasurer since 2007. Before that she led the audit division of the Legislative Budget Assistant.
Her familiarity with the state’s finances should helper in her new job: Vice Chancellor for Financial Affairs and Treasurer for the University system.
Provencher was approved for her new post by the USNH Board of Trustees Executive Committee Thursday.
In a statement, Governor Maggie Hassan credited Provencher with helping N.H. weather difficult economic challenges and said her leadership “helped position the state for fiscally responsible economic growth.”
Provencher’s last day as Treasurer is March 28th.
If lawmakers haven’t elected her successor, law requires the Governor and Council to appoint a “Commissioner” to perform the duties of the treasurer until the legislature acts.