Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Tue May 14, 2013
State Unemployment Rate Dips To 5.5%
New Hampshire’s unemployment rate in April fell to 5.5%, down from 5.7% in March, according to new data from N.H. Employment Security.
During the month, the state’s economy added 3,400 jobs, with some of the biggest gains in construction and retail.
Local and state government shed an estimated 1,000 jobs during the period.
The national unemployment rate stands at 7.5%.