Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Sat January 18, 2014
A Supersilly Super Bowl 'What If ... ?'
We're only a few Sundays shy of the big game, so here's a Super Bowl warm-up video, a "What if ... ?"
What if a sportscaster from Britain who knows absolutely nothing about American football — whose only expertise is in rugby — were thrown on the air during an important semi-final game between Alabama and Notre Dame and had to make instant sense of what he saw? Things like first downs, field goals, umpire uniforms, and flags on the play are totally new to him.
If he had to do play-by-play off the cuff, what would he say? Well, if the world were gloriously, happily nutty, here's how it might go: