Most Active Stories
- The Man Who Turned Life Into Magic
- Construction of Balsams Could Begin In June, But There Is A $28 Million Catch
- Last Living Shakers Authorize N.H. Craftsman To Produce Iconic Chair
- Incidents Of Abuse And Neglect Plague New Hampshire's Lakeview Rehab Center
- N.H. Bill Would Ban Smoking In Cars When Children Under 18 Are Present
Word of Mouth
Wed May 2, 2012
Survivalist Singles - Don't Face the Future Alone
The new TLC reality show, Livin’ for the Apocalypse, follows so-called “preppers” – people getting off the grid, hoarding food, and otherwise making ready for the end of days… there is one key component that preppers can’t buy in a survival kit: Love. Companionship. Someone to help propagate the species.
The online dating site Survivalistsingles.com brings preppers together under the tagline: don’t face the future alone. Launched in 2010 it now has more to than 3,000 members worldwide. Blake Ellis is a Personal Finance Writer for CCNMoney.com, who wrote about the doomsday dating site. Word of Mouth intern Danielle Lima caught up with Blake last week, and asked her to describe the typical profile on survivalist singles.