Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Word of Mouth
Wed May 2, 2012
Survivalist Singles - Don't Face the Future Alone
The new TLC reality show, Livin’ for the Apocalypse, follows so-called “preppers” – people getting off the grid, hoarding food, and otherwise making ready for the end of days… there is one key component that preppers can’t buy in a survival kit: Love. Companionship. Someone to help propagate the species.
The online dating site Survivalistsingles.com brings preppers together under the tagline: don’t face the future alone. Launched in 2010 it now has more to than 3,000 members worldwide. Blake Ellis is a Personal Finance Writer for CCNMoney.com, who wrote about the doomsday dating site. Word of Mouth intern Danielle Lima caught up with Blake last week, and asked her to describe the typical profile on survivalist singles.