Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Tue February 25, 2014
Suspended Rockingham County Attorney Will Not Run Again
Suspended Rockingham County Attorney Jim Reams says he will not run for re-election this year.
In a written statement, Reams said he doesn't want his current legal issues to overshadow the need for a healthy debate about the future of his office.
Reams, a Republican first elected in 1998, was suspended in November by the state attorney general. Prosecutors have not released details of the investigation of Reams, saying only that it involves alleged discriminatory acts and issues surrounding a federally-funded program.
Reams has filed a lawsuit in an attempt to regain access to his office.