Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Thu December 26, 2013
Sweeps And Stones: Inside The World Of Curling At The Nashua Country Club
When it comes to curling in New Hampshire, the Nashua Country Club is the place to be.
The sport dates all the way back to 1928 at the club, when the first players curled on a pond near what is now the 9th hole of the golf course.
It wasn’t until the 1940s when the club moved curling inside.
Today, the Nashua Country Club features a curling rink with three sheets of ice for game play, along with a warm room, where players can mingle and watch the action.
The Nashua Country Club hosts several curling tournaments each year.
NHPR’s Michael Brindley visited the club for its Christmas mixed bonspiel earlier this month, and files this audio postcard.
Word of Mouth
Arts & Culture