Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Thu December 26, 2013
Sweeps And Stones: Inside The World Of Curling At The Nashua Country Club
When it comes to curling in New Hampshire, the Nashua Country Club is the place to be.
The sport dates all the way back to 1928 at the club, when the first players curled on a pond near what is now the 9th hole of the golf course.
It wasn’t until the 1940s when the club moved curling inside.
Today, the Nashua Country Club features a curling rink with three sheets of ice for game play, along with a warm room, where players can mingle and watch the action.
The Nashua Country Club hosts several curling tournaments each year.
NHPR’s Michael Brindley visited the club for its Christmas mixed bonspiel earlier this month, and files this audio postcard.
Word of Mouth
Arts & Culture