Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Sun December 22, 2013
Temps Dropping, Some Freezing Rain Reported
At just after 8 am the National Weather Service was reporting freezing rain is finally starting to fall in some parts of the state.
While most of the state has been relatively warm temperatures are now beginning to drop says John Cannon, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Gray, Maine.
“Well, right now we have cold air funneling into eastern NH and that is causing temperatures to fall to at or below freezing and we are beginning to pick up some accumulating icing conditions over eastern New Hampshire," says Cannon.
“The geographic areas we are looking at Stratford, interior Rockingham, possibly the coast Rockingham pretty soon as well as Carroll County.”
Meanwhile, the New Hampshire State Emergency Operations Center is opening to "monitor the potential ice storm," according to a news release.
The freezing rain advisory remains in effect until 6 am Monday.