Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Thu July 31, 2014
Tesla Plans To Put Supercharger In Portsmouth
They won’t say when or where, exactly, but Tesla has confirmed its intention to open a Supercharger station in Portsmouth. Tesla Superchargers are more powerful than other charging stations, providing vehicles with 150 miles of charge in the first 20 minutes.
Tesla spokesperson Alexis Georgeson says "the opening of a Portsmouth station would allow owners to travel further north, connecting Florida to New Hampshire, and later to Maine."
A Portsmouth Supercharger would likely be located near I-95.
Georgeson adds that Superchargers are often located near restaurants or shopping, "so road trippers can stop for a quick meal and have their Model S charged by the time they’re done."
Earlier this summer, Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced it would make its charging technology open source, allowing competitors like BMW and Nissan to make their vehicles Supercharger-compatible.
At present, the nearest existing Supercharger stations are in CT, RI and NY.