Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Tue July 24, 2012
Today's Distraction: A Moment Of Cute With Cheetah Cubs
Sometimes we all need a break from the serious news. There's no better way to accomplish that today than to tell you that two cheetah cubs are making their public debut at the National Zoo in Washington, D.C.
As the National Zoo reports, their journey is an improbable one. They were born April 23 by c-section and were abandoned by their mother. But they were hand-raised by zoo staff and today, they were out for world to see them.
The cubs don't have names yet, but they will named after the fastest Americans in the Olympic 100-yard dash.
Here are two pictures: one of them as babies and the other taken in their enclosure today.