Most Active Stories
Tue July 10, 2012
Toddler Recovering from Pelham Fireworks Accident
Two-year-old Ben Bertini of Derry is reported to be recovering after suffering severe burns on 27 percent of his body and a puncture wound to the arm when a stack of consumer fireworks suddenly ignited at his grandparents' Pelham home. He was put into a medically induced coma immediately following the accident last week. Monday, doctors removed the inhaler and he has been speaking. He is currently receiving skin grafts at the Shriners Hospital in Boston. Eight adults and five children were injured in the blast and subsequent fire.
Ben’s parents have created a fund to help pay their bills. Both are out of work to be at their son’s bedside. People can donate to: FBO Friends of Ben Fund, Enterprise Bank, P.O. Box 1038, 139 Bridge St., Pelham, NH 03076.