Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Most Read Online
Mon January 23, 2012
Top Stories Read Online
1) North Country: As Purchase Falls Through, Groveton Paper Plant Eyed for Demolition - A deal to bring the closed Groveton paper mill in the North Country back to life has fallen through raising the possibility it will be demolished.
2) North Country: Forest Society Makes Goal for Balsams, Blocks Northern Pass - The Forest Society says it has raised the $850,000 needed for a conservation easement at the Balsams Grand Resort Hotel in Dixville Notch. It blocks a right-of-way for the proposed Northern Pass hydro-electric project.
3) The Exchange: Raising Keynes - We look at the economic philosophies of John Maynard Keynes and see how well his theories apply to the economic issues of 2012.
4) The Exchange: Parental Prerogative in Public Education - A new law allows parents who object to certain classroom materials to request alternative coursework for their child. Governor Lynch vetoed the bill last year, but the legislature recently overrode that veto. We look at arguments for and against this law, and how school districts may adapt.
5) North Country: Berlin Loses Aircraft Parts Jobs To Wisconsin - The hope for hundreds of new jobs in Berlin making aircraft parts has apparently evaporated.
6) The Exchange: Sifting Through the Results of the South Carolina Primary - We'll look back at the South Carolina primary, see who won, who lost and how these results shape the next contests down the road.
7) Business and Economy: Three Companies Selected for Stimulus-funded Green Launching Pad - Governor John Lynch announced Wednesday that three manufacturing companies will participate in the latest round of the Green Launching Pad.
8) Word of Mouth: Weight Watchers' New Magic Formula - How the weight loss juggernaut went for a new "after" by scrapping Points.
9) The Exchange: Stonyfield Farm CEO: Gary Hirshberg - For three decades, Gary Hirshberg has been at the helm of one of the Granite state’s largest and most prominent businesses, as well as a leading advocate for both the organic and local food movements and democratic causes. Now, Hirshberg is stepping down.
10) North Country: Feds Provide $5 Million To Preserve North Country Land - The federal government has provided $5 million to help protect some of the most beautiful land in the North Country. NHPR’s Chris Jensen reports.