Most Read Online
Tue February 14, 2012
Top Stories: Tracing The Great Recession and Recovery Through Help Wanted Ads, A Later Day Crisis
1) StateImpact: Tracing The Great Recession and Recovery Through Help Wanted Ads - While job counts and unemployment numbers are the most common ways to measure the national employment situation, they aren’t the only angle worth examining.
2) Word of Mouth: A Later Day Crisis - Church leaders are asking tough questions about the future of the LDS, and how to retain members.
4) NH News: Demolition of the Memorial Bridge Begins With Float-Out - The demolition of the Memorial Bridge began Tuesday.
5) North Country: Northern Pass Foes Eye New Tactic Attacking: Corporate Power - The legislature has now passed a bill that makes it hard if not impossible for Northern Pass to use eminent domain to take the land it needs for its transmission towers.
6) StateImpact: Some Key Arguments For-And-Against-Making PSNH Sell Its Generating Facilities - One of the big issues in the New Hampshire business community this legislative session is the push to continue deregulating utilities.
7) NH News: Timeline: History Of The Memorial Bridge And Events Leading To Its Replacement - After a history of closures, repairs and re-openings which mottle its 88-year lifespan, the Memorial Bridge replacement project has begun.
8) The Exchange: Medical Marijuana Heats Up Again in NH - With neighboring Vermont and Maine now allowing doctors to prescribe marijuana to their sick patients, a new bill with the same goal is afoot in New Hampshire.
9) Health: For Profit Cancer Center Comes To NH To Make Its Case To Lawmakers - Cancer Treatment Centers of America is eyeing a spot in New Hampshire.
10) NH News: Senate Shoots Down House Gun Bills - The New Hampshire state Senate rejected several controversial gun bills Wednesday.