Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth - Segment
Mon March 12, 2012
Trash Dance: Curbside Choreography Hits SXSW
Choreographer Allison Orr assembled dancers neither lithe nor acrobatic but with a distinct grace of their own for her latest project. Allison corralled 16 hulking trucks, and 24 employees from the City of Austin’s Department of Solid Waste to perform The Trash Project on an old airport runway.
Independent filmmaker Andrew Garrison followed Allison, the artistic director of Forklift Dance Works, as she put the project together. The result of their collaboration is the film Trashdance, one of a number of successful ventures debuting at South by Southwest this year that were funded in large part through the crowd-financing website Kickstarter.