Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Fri April 20, 2012
A Tussle over Town Meetings
More than fifteen years ago, voters were given the option of changing their local democratic process and ditch the all-day gatherings through a new system called SB2, named after the senate bill that introduced it. Town have gradually adopted this system which some feel undermines the democratic process while others believe it is a far more manageable system given the typically busy schedules of the citizens.
Dennis Delay: Senior Economist at the New Hampshire Center for Public Policy Studies.
Doug Hall: former Republican lawmaker from Chichester who has participated in town hall meetings for the past thirty years and moderated for the town of Chichester for the past fourteen years.
Charles Tucker: Town Moderator for Exeter.
We'll also hear from...
David Brooks: Reporter for the Telegraph of Nashua.