Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Tue June 12, 2012
Twilight of the Elites
A new book by liberal commentator Chris Hayes examines the widespread institutional failures over the last ten years…from government to Wall Street to the Catholic Church to major league baseball. Hayes says this “lost decade” has led the public to distrust anyone in authority…and he points blame at a fundamental cherished American ideal: the meritocracy.
Chris Hayes: editor at large of The Nation and host of Up w/ Chris Hayes on MSNBC. His essays, articles, and reviews have appeared in the New York Times Magazine, Time, The American Prospect, and The Guardian, among other publications.