Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Sat September 21, 2013
Two ATV Riders Killed In North Country
Two ATV riders were killed Saturday afternoon in separate accidents in the North Country, according to police and rescue reports.
One fatality occurred in the ski area near Dixville Notch and the other at South Hill Road in Colebrook.
At least one of the accidents involved a rollover.
No additional details were immediately available.
So far this year three ATV riders have died in the state.
In August a 56-year-old tourist was killed in an accident involving an all-terrain vehicle in the southern part of the state near Fremont.
In that accident Fish and Game said the victim was a passenger on an ATV driven by 23-year-old who lost a control and the ATV struck a tree. Both riders were wearing helmets. The driver suffered minor injuries.
Four people have died in ATV accidents in New Hampshire in roughly the last four years.