Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Sat September 21, 2013
Two ATV Riders Killed In North Country
Two ATV riders were killed Saturday afternoon in separate accidents in the North Country, according to police and rescue reports.
One fatality occurred in the ski area near Dixville Notch and the other at South Hill Road in Colebrook.
At least one of the accidents involved a rollover.
No additional details were immediately available.
So far this year three ATV riders have died in the state.
In August a 56-year-old tourist was killed in an accident involving an all-terrain vehicle in the southern part of the state near Fremont.
In that accident Fish and Game said the victim was a passenger on an ATV driven by 23-year-old who lost a control and the ATV struck a tree. Both riders were wearing helmets. The driver suffered minor injuries.
Four people have died in ATV accidents in New Hampshire in roughly the last four years.