Most Active Stories
- Police In Riot Gear Clash With Crowd In Keene, Several Injuries Reported
- Pop-Up Party Company Under Scrutiny For Role In Keene Riots
- Keene State Students Clean Up After Mayhem Near Pumpkin Fest
- First Of Five Health Insurers Outline 2015 Exchange Plans
- At Dartmouth, Sidelines Robot Could Be Key To Quickly Diagnosing Football Concussions
Word of Mouth
Tue June 19, 2012
Tying the Knot, Guerilla Style
Produced with Emma Ruddock
Maybe it’s the sluggish economy, the flash mob legacy, the social media age wish for attention, or the ongoing American urge for originality. Couples everywhere are ditching the choreographed trappings of traditional weddings for simpler, spontaneous services in public spaces. An old trick to save money, guerilla weddings are emerging as an increasingly popular way to tie the knot. Alyssa Abkowitz wrote about the nuptial phenomenon for SmartMoney magazine.
Watch: What if William and Kate had decided on a guerilla wedding?