Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Word of Mouth
Tue June 19, 2012
Tying the Knot, Guerilla Style
Produced with Emma Ruddock
Maybe it’s the sluggish economy, the flash mob legacy, the social media age wish for attention, or the ongoing American urge for originality. Couples everywhere are ditching the choreographed trappings of traditional weddings for simpler, spontaneous services in public spaces. An old trick to save money, guerilla weddings are emerging as an increasingly popular way to tie the knot. Alyssa Abkowitz wrote about the nuptial phenomenon for SmartMoney magazine.
Watch: What if William and Kate had decided on a guerilla wedding?